Snicker Oat bars
¾ c. organic smooth peanut butter
2 T. coconut oil melted
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp. phsalt (pink Himalayan salt)
1 ½ c. rolled oats
10 – 12 Medjool dates (get them at Costco while they last)
¼ c. peanuts, plain
1 c. semi-sweet chips or (Lillies)
1 T. coconut oil
2 T. peanuts finely chopped
Sea salt to taste (optional)
1) Line a 9 X 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
2) In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and stir to combine. Add oats and mix well (might use your hands). Transfer to prepared loaf pan and pat into a layer using your hands and spatula.
3) Place pitted Medjool dates inside side down, a butterfly shape, tightly in a single layer leaving no gaps. Sprinkle with 1/3 c. peanuts.
4) Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil either in microwave or double boiler. Pour over layers and spread with spatula. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and sea salt. Freeze for about an hour or until chocolate is firm.
5) Remove from pan by holding parchment paper and cut into 11 – 12 bars. Enjoy frozen!!
339 calories per bar
Power Strength day coming at you in a fun way! You ready to play? Forcefit20 going live at 12:00 mst.